Hamlin Park partners with Welles Park to bring the best experience for all fall softball participants.
Fall Softball registration is handled entirely through the Welles Park site. Teams are limited so if you really want your player to participate in Fall Ball, sign up early!
Click here to register (you will be taken to the Welles Park website).
Here are some key details:
- To register as a Hamlin player, you need to enter Hamlin Park in the dropdown menu during registration.
- Enter the referral code: HAMLINFALL2023
- Age requirements are posted at: https://www.wppachicago.org/age-requirements/
- Similar to prior seasons – softball will be planning an 8-game season starting in late August and concluding in October. Game schedules will be released in mid-August.
- Practices are completely optional (for most teams there are not any) and the idea of Fall Ball is to have a bit of fun with the game and be out there with friends.
- As a slight change from prior years, we are asking that parents work with coaches on any “play with requests." We will work with the coaches and ask them to provide the HPBA Board Secretary with a roster of players they would like on their team. If a player they select gets registered for the season, we will work to do our best to place them together. If your player doesn’t have a strong preference on a team, don’t worry as the commissioners will work with coaches to fill in any “at large” players onto a team.
For questions on Fall Softball, please email Catherine Burns at
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where are Fall Ball Softball games played?
- Games are all played on Sundays at various parks in the area including Welles, Mather and Legion Park.
What if I made a mistake or need to change my player's registration?
- If a parent needs to make an adjustment to their registration, they can contact Welles registration:
Can my player "play-up" in an older division?
- Play-up requests can be submitted but will be based on availability in the division requesting and we usually sell out registration in each division.
I am interested in coaching a Fall Ball Softball team. How can I sign-up?
- Coaches interested in coaching Fall Ball should contact the secretary at